Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Money Tree (Pachira Aquatica)

When my neighbor moved back to Atlanta she gave me her Money Tree. I was quite excited as she works with plants professionally so it was in great shape and I've never been able to keep store-bought plants alive.

It did really well for about 6 months until I started to feel bad that it was in such a tiny pot. From my limited knowledge of plants I knew that they should be re-potted so they can grow (you know what they say about a little bit of knowledge).


I re-potted the plant and it started looking sickly. I tried everything I could but it never picked back up. I still have it, and it's still rather poorly looking.

I needed a plant for the corner of my lounge and on Sunday when I was in
Pearl River (one of my favorite stores) I saw a selection of large Money Trees and decided to get another one.

This time I looked up the care instructions and it turns out that they like to be "root bound", which basically means not to re-pot them into much larger pots

On the upside I also found out that they eventually grow into their pots, so fingers crossed I'll have two happy, healthy Money Trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment